This comprehensive, practical and interactive 2-day training course, designed specifically for clinicians, will focus on the implementation of bimanual therapy for children with cerebral palsy (CP). Guided by theory and evidence, participants will gain insight into the mechanisms and essential ingredients for learning motor skills and how to drive neuroplasticity for long-term outcomes. A mix of formal presentations and small group work will provide participants with the confidence and practical skills to immediately apply evidence-based bimanual therapy in their clinical practice. Detailed course notes, resources and reference material will be provided.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the latest evidence for bimanual therapy.
- Consolidate understanding of functional hand use.
- Understand the development of bimanual skills in infants and children.
- Understand the mechanisms and essential ingredients for learning motor skills.
- Ensure acquisition, retention and transfer of motor skills.
- Improve knowledge on how to drive neuroplasticity for long-term outcomes.
- Understand cognitive impairment in children with CP and impact on service delivery and treatment outcomes.
- Address clinical challenges. Getting the challenge right, motivation, environment and dosage.
- Match the right toy, to the right goal, for the right child.
- Improve understanding on the structure and implementation of evidence-based home programs.
Dr Brian Hoare (OT, CPteaching, Melbourne).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists.
GENERAL COURSE ENQUIRIES
For more information about course content or if you have any questions about booking a place on this course, please contact email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE IS NOW SOLD OUT.