Advanced Bimanual Therapy – London 2020
14 SEATS LEFT
Start: June 1, 2020 ,
End: June 2, 2020 ,
Mile End Hospital,
Education Centre, Burdett House
Room 7, 2nd Floor
This comprehensive, practical and interactive 2-day training course, designed specifically for clinicians, will focus on the implementation of bimanual therapy for children with cerebral palsy (CP). Guided by theory and evidence, participants will gain insight into the mechanisms and essential ingredients for learning motor skills and how to drive neuroplasticity for long-term outcomes. A mix of formal presentations and small group work will provide participants with the confidence and practical skills to immediately apply evidence-based bimanual therapy in their clinical practice. Detailed course notes, resources and reference material will be provided.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the latest evidence for bimanual therapy.
- Consolidate understanding of functional hand use.
- Understand the development of bimanual skills in infants and children.
- Understand the mechanisms and essential ingredients for learning motor skills.
- Ensure acquisition, retention and transfer of motor skills.
- Improve knowledge on how to drive neuroplasticity for long-term outcomes.
- Understand cognitive impairment in children with CP and impact on service delivery and treatment outcomes.
- Address clinical challenges. Getting the challenge right, motivation, environment and dosage.
- Match the right toy, to the right goal, for the right child.
- Improve understanding of the structure and implementation of evidence-based home programs.
Dr Brian Hoare (OT, CPteaching, Melbourne).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists.
Registration includes a course manual, access to electronic copies of course references and morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on the teaching days.
While it is preferable that participants have previously attended the CPteaching “Functional Hand Use Course in Hemiplegia” course, this is not a mandatory requirement.
GENERAL COURSE ENQUIRIES
For more information about the course content or if you have any questions about booking a place on this course, please contact email@example.com.
For any local enquiries, please contact the course host Anne Corbett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, CPteaching has a strict policy of not holding places for courses. All registrations must be processed via the CPteaching website.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATIONS extended until Friday 20th March 2020. Please note, payment must be made in full prior to Friday 20th March 2020 to ensure early bird pricing.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 24th April 2020
14 SEATS LEFT