Advanced Bimanual Therapy Online – September 2023
20 SEATS LEFT
Start: September 12, 2023 ,
End: September 20, 2023 ,
This comprehensive, practical and interactive online training course across 4 sessions focuses on the implementation of bimanual therapy for children with cerebral palsy (CP). Guided by theory and evidence, participants will gain insight into the mechanisms and essential ingredients for learning motor skills and how to drive neuroplasticity for long-term outcomes. A mix of formal presentations and small group work will provide participants with the confidence and practical skills to immediately apply evidence-based bimanual therapy in their clinical practice. Detailed course notes, resources and reference material will be provided.
COURSE DATES AND TIMES
Please note, this course has been scheduled at times suitable for participants living in Australia, the UK and Europe.
To check your local time zone, please refer to https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Session 1: Tuesday 12th September: 8:00am to 12:00pm ( London), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 9:00pm (Melbourne)
Session 2: Wednesday 13th September: 8:00am to 12:30am (London), 9:00am to 1:30pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 9:30pm (Melbourne)
Session 3: Tuesday 19th September: 8:00am to 12:00pm (London), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 9:00pm (Melbourne)
Session 4: Wednesday 20th September: 8:00am to 11:30pm (London), 9:00am to 12:30pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 8:30pm (Melbourne)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the latest evidence for bimanual therapy.
- Consolidate understanding of functional hand use.
- Understand the development of bimanual skills in infants and children.
- Understand the mechanisms and essential ingredients for skill acquisition.
- Ensure acquisition, retention, and transfer of skills.
- Improve knowledge on how to drive neuroplasticity for long-term outcomes.
- Understand cognitive impairment in children with CP and the impact on service delivery and treatment outcomes.
- Address clinical challenges. Getting the challenge right, motivation, environment, and dosage.
- Match the right toy, to the right goal, for the right child.
- Improve understanding of the structure and implementation of evidence-based home programs.
A/Prof Brian Hoare (OT, CPTeaching, Melbourne).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists.
Registration includes a course manual, access to electronic copies of course references.
While it is preferable that participants have previously attended the CPteaching “Functional Hand Use Course in Hemiplegia” course, this is not a mandatory requirement.
GENERAL COURSE ENQUIRIES
For more information about the course content or if you have any questions about booking a place on this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, CPteaching has a strict policy of not holding places for courses. All registrations must be processed via the CPTeaching website.
20 SEATS LEFT