Functional Hand Use Online – August 2023
35 SEATS LEFT
Start: August 22, 2023 ,
End: August 30, 2023 ,
This comprehensive, practical and interactive online training course across 4 sessions focuses on the implementation of evidence-based interventions for children with unilateral cerebral palsy (CP). Using the latest evidence and knowledge from scientific literature, the course will assist clinicians in making sense of who, how, why and when to use a particular upper limb intervention. The course will provide clinicians with the confidence and practical skills to implement interventions such as modified constraint-induced movement therapy, bimanual therapy and goal-directed training. It will focus on practical considerations, such as the individual characteristics of the child (age, cognition, motivation) and the importance of environment and behaviour management to ensure the most effective outcomes. Participants will also learn how to objectively evaluate treatment outcomes. Detailed course notes and reference material will be provided.
To check your local time zone, please refer to https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Session 1: Tuesday 22nd August: 8:00am to 12:00pm ( London), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 9:00pm (Melbourne)
Session 2: Wednesday 23rd August: 8:00am to 11:30am (London), 9:00am to 12:30pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 8:30pm (Melbourne)
Session 3: Tuesday 29th August: 8:00am to 12:00pm (London), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 9:00pm (Melbourne)
Session 4: Wednesday 30th August: 8:00am to 12:00pm (London), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 9:00pm (Melbourne)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and define functional hand use.
- Recognise evidence-based interventions for the upper limb.
- Understand the practical, environmental, and contextual considerations for the implementation of modified constraint-induced movement therapy, bimanual therapy, and goal-directed training.
- Understand and adopt models of practice that consider important transitions throughout childhood.
- Understand and improve confidence in who, how, why, and when to choose a particular upper limb intervention.
- Objectively evaluate the outcomes of specific interventions.
- Understand the latest evidence for brain plasticity and its impact on the timing and choice of intervention.
Associate Professor Brian Hoare
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
Registration includes a course manual and access to electronic copies of course references.
GENERAL COURSE ENQUIRIES
For more information about course content, or if you have any questions about booking a place on this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, CPTteaching has a strict policy of not holding places for courses. All registrations must be processed via the CPTeaching website.
35 SEATS LEFT