Functional Hand Use Online – October 2022
17 SEATS LEFT
Start: October 18, 2022 ,
End: October 26, 2022 ,
This comprehensive, practical and interactive online training course across 4 sessions focuses on the implementation of evidence-based interventions for children with unilateral cerebral palsy (CP). Using the latest evidence and knowledge from scientific literature, the course will assist clinicians in making sense of who, how, why and when to use a particular upper limb intervention. The course will provide clinicians with the confidence and practical skills to implement interventions such as modified constraint-induced movement therapy, bimanual therapy and goal-directed training. It will focus on practical considerations, such as the individual characteristics of the child (age, cognition, motivation) and the importance of environment and behaviour management to ensure the most effective outcomes. Participants will also learn how to objectively evaluate treatment outcomes. Detailed course notes and reference material will be provided.
To check your local time zone, please refer to https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Session 1: Tuesday 18th October: 8:00am to 12:00pm ( London), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Berlin), 6:00pm to 10:00pm (Melbourne)
Session 2: Wednesday 19th October: 8:00am to 11:30am (London), 9:00am to 12:30pm (Berlin), 6:00pm to 9:30pm (Melbourne)
Session 3: Tuesday 25th October: 8:00am to 12:00pm (London), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Berlin), 6:00pm to 10:00pm (Melbourne)
Session 4: Wednesday 26th October: 8:00am to 12:00pm (London), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Berlin), 6:00pm to 10:00pm (Melbourne)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and define functional hand use.
- Recognise evidence-based interventions for the upper limb.
- Understand the practical, environmental and contextual considerations for implementation of modified constraint-induced movement therapy, bimanual therapy and goal-directed training.
- Understand and adopt models of practice that consider important transitions throughout childhood.
- Understand and improve confidence in who, how, why and when to chose a particular upper limb intervention.
- Objectively evaluate the outcomes of specific interventions.
- Understand the latest evidence for brain plasticity and impact on the timing and choice of intervention.
Associate Professor Brian Hoare
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
Registration includes a course manual, access to electronic copies of course references.
GENERAL COURSE ENQUIRIES
For more information about course content, or if you have any questions about booking a place on this course, please contact email@example.com
Please note, CPteaching has a strict policy of not holding places for courses. All registrations must be processed via the CPteaching website.
17 SEATS LEFT