Practical Upper Extremity Botulinum toxin-A (Online) – September 2022
16 SEATS LEFT
Start: September 6, 2022 ,
End: September 7, 2022 ,
The online training course across 2 sessions will focus on the rationale for using Botulinum toxin-A (BoNT-A) as an adjunct to upper limb rehabilitation in children with neurological impairment. Using the latest evidence from scientific literature, combined with 20+ years of clinical experience in the use of upper limb BoNT-A, this theoretical and practical course will assist clinicians to make sense of who, why and when to consider the use BoNT-A as an adjunct to evidence-based upper limb intervention.
To check your local time zone, please refer to https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Session 1: Tuesday 6th September: 8:00am to 12:00pm ( London), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 9:00pm (Melbourne)
Session 2: Wednesday 7th September: 8:00am to 11:30am (London), 9:00am to 12:30pm (Berlin), 5:00pm to 8:30pm (Melbourne)
By undertaking this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the latest concepts and terminology for muscle overactivity in upper motor neurone disorders.
- Gain confidence in the identification and assessment of children who may benefit from upper limb BoNT-A.
- Gain confidence for the recommendation of specific upper limb muscles for injection of BoNT-A.
- Consolidate knowledge about the aims of upper limb BoNT-A injection in children (function and symptom management).
- Gain confidence in understanding when to consider other impairment-based interventions.
Associate Professor Brian Hoare OT; PhD
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists, Physicians
Registration includes a course manual and access to electronic copies of course references.
GENERAL COURSE ENQUIRIES
For more information on course content or if you have any questions about booking a place on this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All registrations must be processed via the CPTeaching website. Please note, that CPTeaching has a strict policy of not holding places for courses. All registrations must be processed via the CPteaching website.
16 SEATS LEFT