Practical Upper Extremity Botulinum toxin-A – Zurich 2018
13 SEATS LEFT
Start: June 2, 2018 , 8:45 am
End: June 2, 2018 , 5:00 pm
Kinderspital Zürich - Eleonorenstiftung,
Steinwiesstrasse 75, 8032 Zürich
Primarily using live case studies and video-based case studies prepared by course participants, this 1-day practical training course will focus on assessment and intervention planning for the use Botulinum toxin-A (BoNT-A) as an adjunct to upper limb rehabilitation in children with neurological impairment.
This will improve participants ability to make sense of who, why and when to consider the use BoNT-A as an adjunct to evidence-based upper limb intervention. Detailed course notes and reference material will be provided.
By undertaking this course, participants will be able to:
- Consolidate knowledge of the latest concepts and terminology for muscle overactivity following brain injury in children.
- Consolidate knowledge of applied upper limb anatomy and the impact of muscle overactivity on posture and movement.
- Gain confidence in the identification and assessment of children who may benefit from upper limb BoNT-A.
- Gain confidence for the recommendation of specific upper limb muscles for injection of BoNT-A.
- Consolidate knowledge about the aims of upper limb BoNT-A injection in children (function and symptom management).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists, Physicians
Registration includes a course manual, access to electronic copies of course references and morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on the teaching days.
While it is preferable that participants have previously attended the CPteaching “Botulinum toxin-A as an Adjunct to Paediatric Upper Extremity Rehabilitation” course, this is not a mandatory requirement.
Using a CPteaching video and paper-based proforma, participants will be required to prepare a case study prior to the course and be prepared to present this case to other course participants.
GENERAL COURSE ENQUIRIES
For more information on course content or if you have any questions about booking a place on this course, please contact email@example.com
LOCAL HOST AND LOCAL COURSE ENQUIRIES
Bärbel Rückriem, Ergotherapeutin, Leiterin Stationäre Ergotherapie, Rehabilitationszentrum für Kinder und Jugendliche Kinderspital Zürich – Eleonorenstiftung: Baerbel.Rueckriem@kispi.uzh.ch
COURSE REGISTRATION CLOSING DATE
Friday 30th March 2018.
13 SEATS LEFT